- 4 large avocados
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the avocados together.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Garnish with additional cilantro before serving.
Both the lemon juice and mayonnaise are not traditional guacamole ingredients, but they are my secret ingredients. I started making guacamole this way when I was younger, and haven't stopped since. I swear the mayonnaise takes it to a whole other level. But if you want to be more traditional feel free to leave the mayo out, and sub lime juice for the lemon juice. Alternatively, you can also try using Greek yogurt or sour cream instead of the mayonnaise.