In case you didn’t believe me about my pumpkin excitement on Friday, these goat cheese pumpkin tacos should clarify. I know. I know. Two pumpkin recipes in a row. It’s a little extreme. But I’m an extreme girl, especially when it comes to pumpkin (ummm, hello, I created a Pumpkin Recipes Pinterest board). Also since yesterday was officially the First Day of Fall, I figured, ’tis the season, right??? It might be hard to believe but these are even easier to make than Friday’s recipe (you’re looking at 10 minutes max, if your pumpkin is already cooked, of course). Also, these tacos are a little bit on the lighter side than the enchiladas were. But don’t let the word ‘lighter’ fool you. These are 110% pure pumpkin deliciousness!
P.S. I’ll be sharing a video soon on how to roast a pumpkin. Stay tuned on my Youtube channel.
- Pumpkin cubes (roasted pumpkin that has been skinned & cubed)
- Black beans
- Corn (I mixed mine with chili powder, about 1 tsp. for every 1 1/2 c. corn)
- Red onion, chopped
- Cilantro, chopped
- Goat cheese
- Green chili salsa
- Taco shells (I love the corn & wheat mix soft shell ones from Trader Joe's)
- These tacos are super easy to assemble. Simply lay out your taco shell on a plate then add on the ingredients of your choosing, doing as little or as much as you'd like of each ingredient. For my tacos I did pumpkin, then beans, then corn, and finished it off with a sprinkling of cilantro, red onion and goat cheese as well as a drizzle of green chili salsa.
- These should be served immediately. Any leftovers should be stored separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
- Serve with a spicy margarita or a pumpkin beer and a big salad or a side of guacamole and corn chips.
- Butternut squash (or any other squash) can be substituted for the pumpkin cubes.
- For a gluten-free option use corn tortillas.
- For a dairy-free option omit the goat cheese.