Thanks to Maille for sponsoring today's post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It's almost Memorial Day weekend,
which can only mean one thing- summer has (unofficially) arrived! Bring on the beach days, bring on the rosé, and most definitely bring on the grilled food!
We LOVE grilling our food as much as possible. You name it, and we've probably grilled it (or at least attempted to). But a few of our tried and true favorites always include veggie kebabs. We love basting them in a quick marinade, made with Maille Dijon Mustard, grilling them, then turning the remaining marinade into a dip that's perfect to serve alongside the finished vegetables. I mean, honestly, it really doesn't get better than two recipes in one. And grilled veggies, obviously!
We created a little video (below) so you can see just how easy it is to put these marinated grilled vegetables with Maile Dijon dipping sauce together. Feel free to get creative and switch up the vegetables. There's so many delicious ones in season this time of year, there's no reason not to. But whatever you do, don't switch up the marinade-turned-dip. I may be biased, but honestly, it's the best part of this whole recipe ;)
Now who's ready to get those grills fired up and some veggies cooking!?
What are some of your favorite foods to grill?
Summer Grilled Vegetables with Maille Dijon Marinade
- Vegetables of your choice (Suggested vegetables: corn, asparagus, mini peppers, onions, radishes, radicchio, artichokes, summer squash, zucchini and tomatoes)
For the Marinade
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- A large handful of fresh thyme
- ⅓ cup Maille Dijon of your choice (I like to use the Dijon Originale for a simple yet elevated marinade, Old Style for a more rustic version and Honey Dijon for a sweeter taste)
For the Dip
- 2 parts sour cream (approximately ½ cup)
- 1 part mayonnaise (approximately ¼ cup)
- In a bowl, mix together the Maille Dijon Mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, garlic and fresh thyme.
- Preheat and prepare your grill, then place the vegetables on, baste them generously with marinade and cook to your liking.
- While the vegetables are grilling, mix two parts sour cream to one part mayonnaise into the remainder of the marinade. Stir until smooth.
- Plate the grilled vegetables and serve with the dip on the side.