Cilantro Lime Rice
yields approximately 3 1/2 cups
- 1 cup rice (I like to use basmati or jasmine for this recipe)
- 2 cups water (or use broth for extra flavor)
- Juice of 2-3 limes (depending on flavor preferences)
- ¼-⅓ cup of chopped cilantro (again depending on flavor preferences)
- Salt, to season
- In a large pot, set over high heat, bring water to a boil.
- Add the rice, and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the rice is tender and the water has evaporated.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro and season with just a touch of salt.
This can be served immediately, or made ahead and reheated when needed.
This recipe can easily be cut in half, or even doubled or quadrupled.