BEET CILANTRO PINEAPPLE MARGARITA
Cilantro-Pineapple Simple Syrup Ingredients
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 slices canned pineapple, packed in 100% juice
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup firmly packed cilantro
For the BCP Margarita
- 1 oz white tequila
- 1 oz Cilantro-Pineapple Simple Syrup
- 1 oz beet juice (from canned beets)
- Splash of pineapple juice (from canned pineapple)
- Top with a splash of club soda
- Squeeze of fresh lime
Cilantro-Pineapple Simple Syrup Preparation
Bring sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring just until sugar dissolves. Boil 2 minutes. (Do not stir.) Remove from heat. Add cilantro, and steep 10 minutes. Press through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, using back of a spoon to squeeze out liquid; discard solids. Cool completely (about 20 minutes). Anything left over should be refrigerated and stored in an air-tight jar for up to 3 months.
To Make the Margarita
- In a shaker, add ice, tequila and simple syrup, then shake well. Strain into rocks glass and then add beet juice, pineapple juice, a splash of club soda and squeeze of lime. Garnish with a small piece of beet, cilantro and pineapple on a toothpick. Cheers!
Freeze leftover beet and pineapple juice into ice cubes and pop one or two into each margarita right before serving for an extra-chilly beverages.