While everyone is off gearing up for Black Friday and planning how to score the best deals for every single thing they
need want in their life, I’m just over here scrolling through my Pinterest travel board, dreaming up my next trip. One place that keeps sticking out to me? Sorrento, Italy. Of course, it’s no secret that I want to visit Italy. My family originates from there, and I have relatives who live in Italy so I would love nothing more than to immerse myself in the country (and let’s be real, I’d also love to immerse my face in lots of wine, pasta, and gelato!). While I’m dying to visit Rome, Milan, and Tuscany, Sorrento is one place I can’t get out of my head (obviously not much has changed since I made this list a few years back). The beautiful water, the colorful houses, the fragrant lemons (read: limoncello), and, of course, the food. It truly looks like a dream! I’ve decided that before I turn 30, I must make it there. I may or may not have already looked at places to stay on this website. And I may or may not have already made a list of some of the things I want to do once I get there. Just a little proactive (read: persuading the husband) planning, you know?!? Here are some of the things I’d love to check out in Sorrento:
- Check out Piazza Tasso
- Rent a scooter to explore the area
- Do a Limoncello tasting to find the best one (Cliche, I know, but I had to because we’re limoncello fanatics…we even made our own once!)
- Explore the Amalfi Coast
- Visit Chiesa di San Francesco to see the beautiful gardens (You must look them up if you don’t know what I’m talking about, they are so gorgeous!)
- Hunt down the best local dishes and some fresh seafood
- Learn the history of Sorrento
- Go hiking to see the beautiful views
Looks like the only thing I need now is a plane ticket…and of course, to convince Mr. RC that we’re going!
Have you been to Sorrento? If so, do you have any recommendations for local food or local spots to check out? I’d love to add them to my list of things to-do once we finally travel there!