When I think holiday parties, I think glitz, glam and all that jazz (I may or may not have just done jazz hands). So when the 4×4 ladies came up with our December topic, what to wear to a holiday party, I immediately went to my closet’s glitziest and glam-iest pieces. Luci kept her look classic with black and gold, Grace kept things fresh with an unexpected Christmas color, and Kat (our 4×4 Style Guest Contributor for December) kept things cool and casual.
When it comes to getting holiday ready, I have a few simple tips-
Wear Lush Fabrics// Think things like velvet (i.e. my blazer), feathers (my skirt), (faux) fur, and sequins. Wearing any of these materials will give your outfit a look of luxury, even if you didn’t spend a lot.
Go Bold with Your Makeup // Whether it’s a bright lip, a deep smokey eye, a shimmering shadow, or a fun nail color, round out your holiday look with a bold touch in the beauty department. Only pick one area to go bold in, otherwise you’ll look less ‘ready for the holidays’ and more ‘ready for the circus’.
P.S. There’s still time to apply to to be the 4th member of the 4×4 Style group. Find out all the details below!
Vintage Blazer (similar) and Clutch (similar) // Forever 21 Sweater // Bebe Dress Worn As a Skirt (This Bebe dress is identical on the bottom) // Kushyfoot Tights c/o // Steve Madden Heels // Sephora #11 Lipstick // Jane Earrings
Photos by David
Become the fourth member of #4x4style!
Join our close-knit, fun, and supportive group. We think we’re great and we hope you do too! You’ll get increased traffic and exposure when you join in addition to the fun and interesting posts we do each month. Submit your blog to become part of our great group of ladies! We’re accepting submissions through December 15th (decision will be made December 20th).
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you!
1. We ask that you be a fashion blogger who is open to the possibility of posting recipes. We are toying around with the idea of a 4×4 Food Series.
2. Must be on all social media sites, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
3. Must be able to commit at least one post per month towards the 4×4 Series. This is kind of obvious, but we do want to make it clear. And a friendly reminder: We’re thinking of expanding to twice a month with a food post.
4. Must follow all three of us (FashionEdible, Runway Chef, and Luci’s Morsels) on Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter (Facebook a plus!)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO INCLUDE IN YOUR BLOG SUBMISSION?
1. Name and Location (state)
2. Blog Name and URL
3. Social Media Info (handles, etc)
4. Top Three Blog Posts – include at least one fashion post and one food post
And that’s it! Pretty simple and straightforward requirements.
We are so excited for these next few months and for seeing your submissions. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to email us email@example.com!