With the summer months comes the opportunity to switch up your date routine from the typical dinner and drinks or staying-in-to-watch-a-movie-night to something a little bit more exciting. Below are 10 fun (and mostly affordable) summer date ideas that are perfect ways to enjoy the outdoors while also getting in some QT with your cutie!
1. Early morning bike ride or tennis match followed by a breakfast picnic
2. A dusk painting session complete with wine and dessert
3. An afternoon of kayaking/paddle boating/row boating
4. Most local parks offer free movies/concerts. Pack a picnic, grab a blanket and take advantage of this very fun (and very affordable) date night.
5. Take ‘Game Night’ outdoors. Play your favorite games on the patio, in the park or on the beach. Make sure to keep snacks handy!
6. Have a grill date night (on the patio or take a mini grill to a park) and serve only dishes that you can make and grill together. Things like grilled pizza, grilled nachos, kebobs and grilled veggies are all good options along with grilled fruit and pound cake (served with ice-cream) for dessert.
7. Go on an outdoor adventure date. Some options include rock climbing, hot air balloon rides, sky diving and parasailing. Afterwords, treat yourself to a beer (or 2).
8. Make and fly kites together. Pick up sandwiches and dessert from a local shop to enjoy afterwards.
9. Go on an ice-cream tour to test out the various ice-cream shops around your city and find your favorite flavors. Don’t forget paper and a pen so you can keep track!
10. See a movie at a drive-in theater.