Today is your lucky day! Why you ask? Well, for starters, it’s Friday, and who isn’t excited about that? Secondly, you’re getting a double dose of me today, because two posts is always better than one. Third, and most importantly, I made you a cocktail recipe, and well, there’s pretty much nothing better than a cocktail on a Friday, am I right or am I right? The best part is that this cocktail was an “off the menu” inspired concoction based on my “off the menu” experience at last week’s S.Pellegrino event. I’ll be sharing all the pictures and details (including how you can win a “Live Off the Menu” experience) from the event in today’s 2nd post (update: now live here). In the mean time, I suggest you mix up one of these refreshing cocktails…..and then mix up another one to drink while you read my second post. Don’t worry….I won’t tell anyone you’re drinking before noon!
P.S. Mr. RC, aka cocktail mixer extraordinaire, gets the credit for concocting this San Pellegrino cocktail along with its clever name!
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 1 ounce of Triple-Sec
- 1/2 a can of San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa (Blood Orange)
- 1 orange peel, twisted
- Smoked paprika, cinnamon & chili powder ( about 1/2 tsp. of each; for glass rims)
- Pour the tequila and Triple-Sec into a shaker of ice and chill for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish the rim of a serving glass with the paprika, cinnamon and chili powder mixture.
- Pour chilled liquor into the glass. Then top off with the San Pellegrino fruit beverage. Garnish with a twist of orange peel and serve.