One of my favorite ways to indulge during the holidays (besides the eggnog….and the cookies…..and the candy….
and now my pants don’t fit) is appetizers. I’ve found that simple is always best and usually ends up being the most delicious. Also, one secret ingredient I always have on hand? Cream cheese. I’ve listed some recipe suggestions below, but I’m convinced that it can make just about anything into an appetizer….well, maybe besides cardboard…..
1 package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. each chopped sun-dried tomatoes and marinated artichoke hearts
1/4 tsp. each salt and ground pepper
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
In a medium-sized bowl, mix everything, except the parmesan cheese together until well combined. Shape into small (about a teaspoon sized) balls and then roll in “snow” aka the parmesan cheese. Refrigerate until ready to eat. To serve, place on tray and sprinkle with more “snow”.
Some of my other favorite holiday appetizers-
- Dates stuffed with cream cheese
- Crackers with cream cheese and a small piece of roasted red pepper
- Spiced Nuts
- Asparagus stalks wrapped in prosciutto and baked
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Seasoned Oyster Crackers
- Brie baked in puff pastry
- A block of cream cheese topped with a jar of raspberry jam & served with crackers
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Cranberry Brie Pockets
- Cheese Straws (puff pastry sprinkled with grated cheese, cut into thin strips & baked)