It has been well documented on here that I love to spray paint and glitter just about anything I can (sleep with one eye open Mr. RC…you could be next!). I really am convinced that glitter and paint truly make everything better. I mean let’s talk about this shower curtain….before it met me and my arsenal of paint, it was just a sad and dreary little piece of plastic. But NOW….it’s bright and cheery and I’m pretty sure if it could talk, it would be definitely thanking me for its fabulous makeover!
DIY Gold Polka Dotted Shower Curtain
- 1 shower curtain (I used this clear one)
- A piece of cardboard
- A large jar (or other circular object to make a pattern)
- A pen
- An exacto knife
- Gold spray paint
- Sealing spray paint
1. Make your dot pattern by tracing the jar onto the cardboard and then cutting it out with the exacto knife.
2. Next lay out your shower curtain on a hard, clean surface. Make it as smooth as possible.
3. Lay out your circular pattern and if necessary spread old newspaper/magazines around to ensure the paint stays only in the circle.
4. Begin spray painting.
5. Continue laying out your pattern and spray painting circles until you have covered the entire curtain.
6. If there is any paint that went astray you can use a q-tip and some nail polish to clean it up. Otherwise, spray with the sealing spray and then let dry for at least an hour. After drying you’ll want to wipe down the shower curtain (around the dots) with a damp cloth to clean up any spray painting mist that may have settled.