Both my Mother and I have been making this hot fudge recipe for as long as I can remember. What I don’t remember is what cookbook the recipe is from. But with only three ingredients and three minutes standing between me and decadent, delicious hot fudge sauce, can you really blame me for forgetting?
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (I like to use a mix of semi-sweet & dark)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a medium-sized saucepan, over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate, stirring constantly.
- Once the chocolate is mostly melted, whisk in the cream. Continue whisking until there are no more lumps and everything is combined.
- Use immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- It will thicken (and sometimes slightly separate) in the refrigerator, so you will simply need to reheat it in the microwave or in a saucepan over low heat for a minute or two.
- I have kept this sauce for up to 2 1/2-3 weeks. It's shelf life depends on the freshness of the heavy cream you use (i.e. fresh cream means the sauce will last longer).